Akshay Kumar starrer Raksha Bandhan and Aamir Khan starrer Laal Singh Chaddha clashed on 11th August. Both films were big disappointment at box office despite much hype.
Boycott and poor reviews affected films’ business and films failed to grow over weekend with pathetic collections. Laal Singh Chaddha dropped low on 2nd day and grew marginally on 3rd day and almost similar trend was of Raksha Bandhan.
Laal Singh Chaddha with 27.96 cr nett barley managed 7th rank among top 10 openings of Hindi films in 2022 which was lower than disasters like Shamshera and Bachchan Pandey. Raksha Bandhan scored even poorer 21.11 cr nett which was lower than Ek Villain Returns.
Following are the top 10 Hindi film openings of 2022 and two other Indian films which opened bigger than those 10 –
1. KGF 2 : 193.99 cr
2. RRR : 75.57 cr
- Bhool Bhullaiya 2 : 55.96 cr
- Samrat Prithviraj : 39.40 cr
- Gangubai Kathiawadi : 39.12 cr
- Jugjugg Jeeyo : 36.93 cr
- Bachchan Pandey : 36.17 cr
- Shamshera : 31.75 cr
- Laal Singh Chaddha : 27.96 cr
- The Kashmir Files : 27.15 cr
- Ek Villain Returns. : 23.54 cr
- Raksha Bandhan : 21.11 cr