Bollywood’s beloved ‘Baba’ turned 61 today. Starting his filmy journey in 1981 with Rocky, Sanjay Dutt has been entertaining the audiences for the past 30 years now. He, too, faced ups and downs in life like everyone else but came back stronger like a real TIGER. He has entertained us with several content-driven films during his starlit career. On the occasion of Munna Bhai’s 61st birthday, let’s look at his top five films that made us fall in love with the stunning actor.
- Khalnayak – ‘Nayak Nahi Khalnayak Hu Mai’ is still the favorite song of every 90s kid. The song became a massive hit after its release and took Sanjay Dutt to the peak of popularity. Dutt’s role in the film is considered one of his finest performances till date. The actor managed to impress everyone despite playing the role of a hateful villain.
- Vaastav: The Reality – Released in 1999, crime-drama Vaastav was a massive hit at the box office. The film narrates the story of a common man with simple dreams who accidentally ends up becoming a Don in the world of crime. No one other than Sanjay Dutt could have done justice to Raghu’s character. His acting was the USP of the film. Years have passed since the film’s release but Dutt’s dialogue ‘Pachaas Tola! Pachaas Tola!’ still reverberates in our ears.
- Munna Bhai M.B.B.S– 2003 released Munna Bhai MBBS was a lesson to all of us on how to be a good human being. Playing a Bhai’s role that was lovable and funny at the same time was pretty difficult to essay. It was also something new for the audience but Sanjay Dutt nailed it effortlessly. The two things that we still have retained from the film is, Munna’s ‘Jaadu ki Jhappi’ and his fun banter with Dr. Asthaana played by Boman Irani.
- Dhamaal – This film once again proved that the genre doesn’t matter when you have Sanjay Dutt who fits in so many versatile characters. The power of internalizing the script and the character is really commendable for Baba who easily blends into the part. Dhamaal is one such comedy-caper where Sanjay Dutt played a greedy police officer whose notorious plans go unnoticed all throughout the film. Sanjay Dutt’s scene with the kid demanding ‘Das Kalol’ (10 crores) is simply his best comic act.
- Agneepath – ‘Yere Yere Pavsa Tula Deto Paisa…Paisa Zala Khota Paus Aala Motha’ was the go-to song for every Maharashtrian kid until Sanjay Dutt recited it in his heavy voice in this remake of a classic Bollywood film of the same name. Sanjay Dutt was cast in a negative role yet again and made his presence felt with his amazing acting skills.
On the work front, Sanjay Dutt will be next seen in Prashanth Neel’s KGF Chapter 2 in a negative role. On this birthday today, we wish him for a happy, healthy and a prosperous life.