Shah Rukh Khan completes 29 years in Bollywood. He is an inspirational figure not only for Bollywood fans but everyone globally. He has a penchant for making good speeches and inspiring inspire young minds with his motivating quotes. Today, we bring you his 29 best motivational quotes from his most inspiring speeches.
University of Edinburgh
SRK received honorary doctorate for his philanthropic work from the United Kingdom’s University of Edinburgh in 2015. Here are some of his quotes that floored the audiences.
1. It’s OK to be confused. Confusion is the route to all the clarity in the world.
2. Don’t become a philosopher before you become rich.
3. Hindi filmon ki tarah life mein bhi, anth mein sab kuch theek ho jaata hai. Aur agar na ho, toh woh anth nahi hai…picture abhi baaki hai mere doston.
4. Chak De India taught me that whatever it is that is pulling you back, its not going away unless you stand up and start forging your own path with all your might in the opposite direction. Stop whining and start moving.
5. Live now, live today -don’t be bound by rules, live your own dream.
6. Study hard. Work hard. Play harder. Don’t be bound by rules, don’t hurt anybody and never ever live somebody else’s dream.
7. Being brave means being shit scared all the way to the party but getting there and doing the ‘Funky Chicken’ in front of all your teenage kid’s friends anyway. Don’t let your fears become boxes that enclose you. Open them out, feel them and turn them into the greatest courage you are capable of. I promise you, nothing will go wrong. But if you live by your fears, everything that can possibly go wrong will go wrong and you won’t even have done the ‘Funky Chicken’.
8. If you aren’t charged up about doing something, if you don’t have, what in Hindi we call the “Josh”, the fire in your belly for it, then don’t do it.
9. There’s no such thing as ‘normal’. That’s just another word for lifeless. Madness (of the particularly nice/romantic kind) is an absolute prerequisite to a happy and successful life. Don’t ever treat your little insanities as if they are aberrations that ought to be hidden from the rest of the world. All the most beautiful people in the world, the most creative, the ones who led revolutions, who discovered and invented things, did so because they embraced their own idiosyncrasies.
Dhirubhai Ambani International School
Shah Rukh Khan was invited to address the graduating batch of Dhirubhai Ambani International School in 2016, and his speech must have inspired everyone.
10. Don’t let anyone tell you who you are and what you ought to be, listen to your inner voice.
11. When you will be 50, you will know that the bulk of your regrets are from not having done what you wished to do.
12. Taking your blessings for granted is the most stupid thing to do.
13. Sometimes the queen looks attractive but if she gets taken by an adversary straight after you have saved her, then you might be better off saving your castle or the bald bishop instead. So don’t always choose what seems most desirable if something tells you it might get you into trouble.
14. Learn to laugh at yourself and don’t take yourself seriously no matter what you become. It makes you braver and changes your perspective. Without a sense of humour, the world will be a dull, dreary place. Humour is the only ticket to being childlike and innocent.
15. If you are foolish enough to imagine that the little graces you are given are of no value, you end up nowhere. Learn to look at the tiniest things that make your life special.
16. Never be angry or hold a grudge against your parents. The choices we make for you are ultimately your choices, you are just not aware of it yet.
17. These are the only years when you’ll be allowed to make regret-free mistakes. Make them because that’s how you will chance upon your dreams.
18. Whatever you are doing, do it once. Then do it one more time even more carefully. Be diligent. Don’t just work, outwork yourself and nothing can come in the way of glory.
19. All you want to be is yourself and you’re quite sure you know what that is. I’m here tonight on your side only to confirm your conviction as you set forth in the big, bad world.
20. Think of every job as your first one so that you have to get it right to impress everyone. At the same time, do it as your last job as if you won’t get it a chance to do it ever again.
SRK visited IIM Bangalore in 2015 to address the students and the alumni of the college, and as expected, he rolled out some really inspiring quotes.
21. I would advise keeping your eyes open for life’s magic and not turning away from it citing practicality and good reason. There isn’t one. Be brave enough to face your destiny, to sacrifice for it and compromise for it if you have to. It will always be worth it. To imagine that you know better than life is the silliest.
22. Creation cannot be managerial, it has to be imaginational.
23. Growth that you can quantify is an illusion. The reality is hard work, diligence, and wanting to strive for familiarity in the fields one wants to work in to create the best. Hard work is non-negotiable, I did not know my destiny , I don’t think I still do.
24. I, for one, never set myself goals. I only strive to work, work better and better. Goals limit creativity.
25. A “perfect life” is a farce. God isn’t making utopian ad films and screening them on the clouds to sell its USP to you. It’s a man made idea and we’re buying into it all the time. Actually, there is nothing more beautiful than the imperfection of life.
26. A mind that does not function within the framework of boundaries but constantly searches beyond them is a mind that is able to create anew.
27. Dreaming is not enough, its also important to be able to dismantle the old, the frameworks that are laid out before you, the ideas that you yourself cling to, the ones that hold you back and prevent you from growing.
28. If you want to excel at something there shouldn’t be a single person around you who can claim to be more familiar with its mechanics than you are.
29. There is no greater creativity in life or leadership than the ability to touch each moment that you are living with the beauty of living it by your heart, to give back to life the fullness that it has had the generosity to give to you.