Shah Rukh Khan is all set to return with his next high-octane action film, King. He will be seen in a film with his daughter Suhana Khan for the very first time. Pathaan and War filmmaker Siddharth Anand will direct this project.
Fans have been buzzing about this project for a while now, and fresh updates confirm that the shoot will finally begin on May 18 in Mumbai.
Shah Rukh Khan To Begin Shooting For King Next Month
The team has already started prep work at a city studio. Once they wrap the first schedule in Mumbai, they’ll head to the UAE and Europe for the next legs of the shoot. The action-thriller will feature SRK in a darker, more intense role, which he hasn’t explored in a while.
A source revealed that the film kicks off with a studio shoot in Mumbai. The team has also locked in overseas locations for the upcoming schedules. Everyone involved feels pumped about this large-scale project. According to the source, King will bring something fresh to Bollywood’s action space and show SRK in a totally new light.
The source said, “It’s the first schedule of the film, which will begin at a studio in Mumbai. This will be followed by international schedules in the UAE and Europe. The team is extremely excited to begin this magnum opus, which is touted to be a one-of-its-kind action thriller, with SRK in shades of grey.”
The makers are aiming to release the film between October and December 2026. So, yes, fans will have to wait, but insiders believe it’ll be worth it.
Recent Cameo Reports Are Not True
In the past few weeks, King made headlines due to rumours and confusion. There were reports about delays and casting changes. Some even claimed Deepika Padukone and Sonam Bajwa would appear in cameos, but that turned out to be false. Siddharth Anand stepped in to clear the air and confirm the film’s direction.
The cast also includes Abhishek Bachchan and Abhay Verma, who recently got attention for his role in Munjya. With this lineup, fans can expect a mix of solid performances, thrilling action, and emotional drama.
SRK earlier spoke about King during a session at the Locarno Film Festival. He shared that he had been waiting for years to do a film like this. He also said the team brought Sujoy Ghosh on board to add emotional depth to the story.
SRK shared a quick update with fans later at an event in Abu Dhabi. He said he would be filming for the next few months. He didn’t reveal much as Siddharth Anand asked him to keep the details secret, but he promised the film would be very entertaining.
Stay tuned with us for latest news, Hindi box office news, Hollywood news, OTT news, latest bollywood news and latest box office news.
