‘Pathaan’ released on January 25, 2023, which is full of drama and action directed by Siddharth Anand and produced by Aditya Chopra. It stars Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone in lead roles and will have John Abraham as antagonist. It showcases an undercover police official and drug lord. Vishal Dadlani and Shekhar Ravjiani have worked on its music. It released in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu.
The latest bollywood news is that it has become the first film to surpass the 100 crore nett mark in Delhi / UP and collections may well inch more than the 110 crore nett mark lifetime. It has reportedly done incredible across the circuit be it the huge multiplexes or the small single screens in UP.
‘Same Action, Cars Are Blowing Up,’ Says Pathaan Director Siddharth Anand; Netizens Believe It Is His Epic Reply To Rohit Shetty On ‘No VFX’ Jibe. Reactions & Video Inside!
In other mass pockets like Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, it wouldn’t see the outstanding like in other states. However, UP has done extraordinary and crossed more than ‘KGF 2’ in this mass pocket. Many Hindi films satisfy the NCR area in comparison to the largely populated UP state due to urban content.
Why This Achievement Of Pathaan Is Historical And Game Changer:
1. UP has massive audience base and maximum Hindi speaking audience but it contributes far less in ratio to Hindi film business.
2. UP used to be game changer till 70’s and early 80’s but later on it’s share kept dwindling. Pathaan has revived the market in such a massive way that its biggest hit of entire SRK career in terms of ratio from UP!
3. UP has potential to be 20-25% contributor to Hindi film business if right taste of cinema presented which will also decrease dependency on Maharashtra, Delhi and metros.
4. To put things in perspective, only business in UP for ‘Pathaan‘ is 15% higher than business of same film in entire 5 states of south India (104 cr Vs 90 cr).
5. With SRK coming back again with another massy film ‘Jawan’, it will be interesting to see whether this number can be challenged and this can become norm.
SRK’ ‘Pathaan’ will end up around 110-112 cr lifetime in UP which is very difficult for any other film to beat anytime soon.
Take a look at the top ten films of all time in Delhi / UP:
|Pathaan||103 cr approx|
|KGF 2||85.16 cr|
|Tiger Zinda Hai||74.73 cr|
|Bajrangi Bhaijaan||70.61 cr|
|Kabir Singh||66.21 cr|
Stay tuned with us for latest news, Hindi box office news, Hollywood news, OTT news, latest bollywood news and latest box office news