Lately, we have seen a lot of controversial films that have generated a lot of buzz on the internet. These films, which mostly talk about social or political issues, have divided audiences across the nation. People reacted to those films as per their political leanings but despite the controversy, two of these films have done very well at the box office. These are 2022’s The Kashmir Files and this year’s The Kerala Story. Here is a list of some of the upcoming films that can be deemed controversial.
List Of Upcoming Controversial Films
1) Swatantra Veer Savarkar – Starring Randeep Hooda as freedom fighter Vinayak Savarkar, the film has been creating a lot of buzz on the internet. While some people are excited, others are calling it out for glorifying the person who asked for forgiveness from the Britishers. It will release later this year.
2) Godhra – Recently, the teaser of a film titled Godhra was launched. The film is based on the 2002 Godhra riots in Gujarat. In the past, we have had films that have dealt with the riot, like Kai Po Che!, Firaaq, and Parzania. Looking at the current political climate, it would be interesting to see how this film is received.
3) The India House – The producer of The Kashmir Files Abhishek Aggarwal is teaming up with South superstar Ram Charan for The Indian House. Its teaser was recently released and it’s reportedly based on Veer Savarkar.
4) The Vaccine War – Vivek Agnihotri, who delivered The Kashmir Files, is coming up with a film titled The Vaccine War which is based on the COVID-19 vaccine roll-out in India that took place in 2021.
5) Emergency – Co-produced, directed, and starring Kangana Ranaut as Indira Gandhi, Emergency chronicles the 1975-1977 emergency imposed by Mrs. Gandhi. The film also stars Anupam Kher as JP and it will release on 24 November.
6) Tipu Sultan – Sandeep Singh, the producer of PM Narendra Modi’s biopic, has produced a film on Tipu Sultan. In its poster, the face of Tipu has been blackened.
7) 72 Hoorain – Directed by Sanjay Pooran Singh Chauhan, this film is based on the Quranic concept of Houri and will explore the brainwashing of people promising them 72 virgins. The film has been generating a lot of controversy lately.
8) Ajmer 92 – This film is based on the 1992 Ajmer rape case where more than a hundred school girls were kidnapped and raped. It is helmed by Pushpendra Singh and written by Suraj Pal Rajak, Gyanendra Pratap Singh, and Pushpendra Singh.
Stay tuned with us for latest news, hindi box office news, hollywood news, ott news, latest bollywood news, latest box office news.