Owing to the coronavirus outbreak, cinema halls across the nation have been shut downed. Even though the country is getting unlocked slowly it is unclear when the theaters will reopen. Several movie producers have moved to OTT platforms to release their films owning the financial losses.
However, this did not go down well with theater owners. They want that the filmmakers wait till the theaters reopen. Now according to the reports, Tamil Film Producers have put forth a series of terms and conditions that theaters owners will have to abide by if they want the new movies to be released on the big screens.
Industry expert Ramesh Bala shared the below details on his Twitter.
Tamil Film Producers have set the following conditions to Theater Owners, read them below:
- Producers will no longer pay VPF..
- Share Percentage need to be revisited..
- Ad revenue from Theaters should be shared to Producers
- A % of online ticket booking fee to shared with Producers..
- Hold over movies shouldn’t be changed.
- One person running several theaters under the name of “Confirmation” – Movies won’t be given to them..
If these conditions are not met, producers won’t be in a position to release new movies when theaters reopen.